Site update in progress.
Sorry about that... How about I send you a reminder when it comes out?
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access your information and withdraw consent.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to LIFEdata so whether you are new to this website or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak or autocomplete some information to make your navigation seamless and save you time.
We collect your personal information:
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Information about your project if provided.
This information is used mainly to get back in touch with you about your inquiry.
We have no automatic opt-ins on the website.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, our contact form. When you sign up, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address and telephone number
- Location information. When you access this website, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address and cookies
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and information that you previously entered
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect to improve your experience. They will be used for marketing and sales consultancy.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. One of the products we use to do this on our own services is Google Analytics, Google products, Mailchimp and any third party plugin used to make this website functional, and which can have access to your data. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer.
This website can be hosted in countries different than yours so your personal information can be located on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information is accessed mainly by automated software and procedures or by LIFEdata personnel and consultants.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
Access your personal information
Whenever you use our website, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information writing to email@example.com. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Delete your personal information
To delete your personal information just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Delete my data”. We may keep non-personally identifiable information, for example to show trends about the number of contacts. If you prefer to receive your data, change the subject line in “Transfer my data”.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of LIFEdata unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of LIFEdata when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of LIFEdata if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of LIFEdata, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect your information from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities